American Roulette in the UK
American roulette is a table game that a lot of UK players love gambling sites. This type of roulette is challenging because instead of one zero, it has two. The existence of the other zero means that the house has a higher advantage than the player. However, the rules are pretty easy to understand because they are similar to the French and European roulette.
Several things set the American roulette from other classic roulette games. The Return to Player (RTP) is a bit lower than other roulette games. You have an advantage because you have a chance to bet on 38 slots instead of 37 slots. If you want to understand how to play the game, the first thing you need to do is follow the logic of American roulette.
You have to understand why the game has been designed in the way that it is. Being aware of the positioning of the numbers is also very important. If you want to know more about American roulette, please read on.
Best Casino Sites to Play American Roulette
Rules in American Roulette
Online roulette is a game where players are required to bet on where the ball will land on the roulette wheel. As we have stated before, American roulette has two zeros instead of one. The numbered pockets on the wheel are precisely the same size. This fact means that the ball can land on any one of the numbers on the wheel.
You have the option of making as many best as you please. There are many different options offered to you when it comes to bets. You can choose to place multiple bets or stick to a single number. Although American roulette is quite challenging due to the increased house edge, British players are not deterred.
Different American Roulette Bets
Here are a few bets that you will find at any gambling site with American roulette games:
- Straight Up Bet – This type of bet is made to on one number, this number doesn’t exclude the zero and the double zero. The payout of this bet is 35:1.
- Split bet – This bet involves two numbers that are adjacent to each other on the wheel. If you want to place this bet, you will have to make sure that you place your chips on the line between the two numbers. You should expect a payout of 17:1 on this bet.
- Street Bet – The bet involves betting on three numbers that are in a row. If you decide to place this bet, you will have to put your chips on the line at the end of the row. The payout of this bet is 11:1.
- Corner Bet – The payout of this bet is 8:1. You can bet on four numbers with this bet. Placing this bet involves putting your chips at the corner of the four numbers.
- Five Bet – This bet involves placing your chips on the corner of numbers 0 and 1. The payout of this bet is 6:1.
- Line Bet – You have to wager on six numbers for this bet. What is required of you is to place your chips at the end of the two rows. A payout of 5:1 can be expected from this wager.
- Column Bet – The bet involves betting on a column. You will have to place your wager on the 2 and 1 numbers where your chips will be placed at the end of the column. You can expect a payout of 2:1.
- Dozen Bet – this type of wager involves placing your bet on the 1st and the 12th This consists of a set of 12 numbers. You can expect a payout of 2:1.
- Bet on Colour – You can decide to place a wager on the red instead of the black and vice versa. The payout of this bet is 1:1.
- Bet on Odd/Even – This wager involves placing a bet on the odd or even numbers. You can place your chips on the ‘odd’ or ‘even’ box, and you can expect a payout of 1:1.
- Bet on High/Low – You can decide to place bets on the high numbers (19 -36) or the low numbers (1-18). A payout of 1:1 can be expected on this wager.
Mobile-Friendly American Roulette Games
Although British players enjoy playing American Roulette, not many software developers have made mobile friendly roulette games. There are a few examples of Mobile-friendly American roulette games that are offered in UK casinos. However, the graphics are not that great. There is still a long way to go when it comes to American roulette games for mobile devices. In the meantime, you can always play on your desktop with at the casino sites that we have suggested.
See other Roulette Guides: