French Roulette Real Money
French roulette is a variation of the traditional roulette game that we all know and love in the UK. This type of roulette game has been around for a long time in the United Kingdom. Many have gravitated to playing it because it’s exciting. Besides the entertainment value that French roulette presents, there are also many chances to win massive profits.
This type of roulette game is different from the American roulette because it only has one zero instead of two. French roulette is also different because the table layout is not like other roulette tables. One of the most appealing aspects of this roulette game is the fact that the house edge is very low. This gives players an excellent opportunity to win.
You will find the same gameplay that is located in the traditional roulette wheel that we all know. The rules are also very similar to European and American Roulette. However, there are a few differences, especially when the betting systems are concerned.
Recommended French Roulette Casinos
This is what You will Know about French Roulette:
Two critical rules distinguish French roulette from its roulette counterparts. The La Partage rule and the En Prison rules are essential in this particular roulette game.
Lar Partage rule – The direct translation of the name of this rule is ‘diving’ or ‘sharing.’ This rule requires that if the ball lands on the zero compartments, then all even wagers must be divided in half. One half of the original wager will be returned to the gambler while the online gambling house will take the other half. You can only make use of this rule if you have made an even wager. If you place different bets, then you will lose your whole bet.
En Prison Rule – When you translate this term from French, it means “prison.” This rule is mostly applicable in brick-and-mortar casinos. You will rarely find it in digital casinos. Nonetheless, it is always a good idea to have more knowledge about French roulette.
When the zero is spun, the croupier (dealer) will place a marker on all the even wagers. This means that the even bets are ‘in prison’ for the next round. If your wager wins the spin, the casino site will return the bet you originally made. However, you won’t win extra real money.
As with the European and American roulette games, there are different types of bets that can be placed.
- Split Bet – You can place bets on two numbers that are positioned adjacent to each other. If you have chosen this bet, you have to place your chips on the line between the two numbers.
- Line Bet – This wager features two rows of three numbers or six numbers. A payout of 5:1 can be expected on this wager. You can place your chips at the end of the two rows.
- Street Bet – This bet involves wagering on three numbers that are in a row. The payout of this wager is 11:1. You have to place your chips at the end of the three numbers.
- Corner Bet – If you want to place this bet, you have to place your chips on the corner that connect the four numbers that you have chosen. You can expect a payout of 8:1 on this bet.
- Straight-Up-Bet – This bet is placed on one number on the table; this includes the zero. You have to place your chips, directly on the number you have decided to bet on.
- Column bet – Here you can bet on a whole column of numbers. Once you have decided to use this bet, you can place your chips in the box at the end of the column.
- Dozen Bet – this bet involves a set of twelve numbers. The boxes where you have to place your chips for this bet are labelled ’12P’ or Premier Douzaine, “12M” or Moyenne Douzaine as well as “12D” or Derniere Douzaine. The payout on this bet is 2:1.
- Bet on Colour – With this bet, you can decide to bet on all the numbers in the red and vice versa. The payout on this one is 1:1.
- Bet on odd/even numbers – this bet involves betting on odd or even numbers. If you have chosen this bet, place your chips on the “pair’ box for the even numbers. If you have chosen to bet on the odd numbers, then you can place your bet on the “impair” box.
- Bet on High/Low – This wager requires you to bet on high numbers (19-36) or wagering on low numbers (1-18). The payout here is 1:1.
You can expect to find 37 compartments on the wheel as well as the table. You will see that there is one pocket in colour green, this is where you will find the zero. The rest of the compartment are alternately coloured in red and black which are numbered from 1 to 36. On the wheel, the numbers are not in sequence. You may even think that the pattern does not follow any order like the other roulette games.
You should look at the numbers on the red and black colours, and you will see that they all alternate. It’s easy to see a French roulette table because all the labels are written in French. So, if you are looking for odd/even then, you will have to look for the Impair/Pair. The High/low labels will become Manque/Passe you might also find the red and black colours labelled as rouge and noir respectively.
The house edge of French roulette will vary according to the wager you have placed. You can expect an edge of 2.70% on any wagers that you place on a non-even bet. The even bets have a house edge of 1.35%. Unlike the American roulette game, the mentioned house edges are very favourable for players.
See Other Roulette Games: