Casino table have a long history in the UK gambling industry that goes back many decades. Casino table card games have always been popular amongst gamblers. The advent of online gambling houses has not quelled the love players have of the casino games. Despite their ancient history, table games are still amongst the favourite games played in casinos, both on the internet and land, to date.
Games such as Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, and Baccarat are categorised as table games because they are played on a table which will usually include a live dealer or a croupier. Online players in the UK have a vast selection of choice where table games are involved.
If you are an online player and are keen to begin your journey with casino table games, then you have come to the right place. We will tell you all that you need to know about table games in casinos. We’ll even include the payout rates of all the games mentioned.
Top Table Game Casinos UK
Types of Casino Table Games
The most popular table games that you will find in casinos are Roulette, Three Card Poker, Baccarat, Craps, and Pai Gow Poker. The fantastic thing about table games is that you can find them at a majority of online casinos.
Many UK gamblers start playing online blackjack at a very young age. The table game is a social activity for many households in the United Kingdom. Blackjack is very straightforward to learn. You probably have an inkling of an idea of how it goes. There are many variants that you will find blackjack, and your favourite casino site likely has some variant of the table game. The variety allows online players to choose the blackjack variant that interests them the most.
Roulette is similar to blackjack in some ways. Many online casinos contain many variants of this table game. Roulette is a game that can be learnt very quickly and with ease. There are three variants of Roulette that you should know about which are, The American Roulette, European Roulette and the French Roulette. All these variations of roulette have their own casino table game rules that you will have to learn before you even begin to play these games.
Craps is an old table game which involves betting on the result of the dice. Although many rules and strategies may confuse you, craps enthusiasts have high praises when it comes to this table game. There are not many variants available online to play when it comes to this casino game.
Pai Gow Poker
Pai Gow is a type of table poker that you are guaranteed will always appear at you favourite gambling site. With this table game, each player tries to win over the banker. The goal of this casino game is to have two winning hands. Unfortunately, Pai Gow poker does not have a lot of variants.
Baccarat is mostly considered as a table game that is played by rich people only. This may be an accurate description for the game in brick-and-mortar casinos. However, it is not the case for casinos on the internet. You can choose to play Baccarat for high or low stakes. Online gambling sites tend to have a limited amount of baccarat variants. However, the available variants tend to thrill players to no end.
A typical game of keno on the internet involves a keno card, a table and some buttons. You will find a slight difference with every game of keno you find online. However, you will find that there are some commonalities with every variation you find. The keno card that you see is essentially a large grid of numbers from one to eighty. The pay table will show you the payout rate for the catches you make. You will only get a payout only when the percentage of your catches is high.
Sic Bo is a casino game that is played with three dice. It is very similar to craps, but it has some noticeable differences. Many players find this game easy to learn. This game is derived from an old Chinese dice game. This casino game is played with three dice on a table. Then you can place a wager on any of the betting options that this game involves. Once the bets have been placed, the dice will be put into a plastic container and shaken to reveal the results.
The game of poker has many variants, and UK players enjoy all of them. From Texas Hold’Em to the newest versions that casinos release. Your favourite casino site will offer at least one of the variants. This casino table game is easy to understand, but if you find yourself struggling, then there are many guides that you will find to help you with the game. Poker is a game of strategy and skill, and you certainly need to know the basics to place winning wagers. All the poker variants that you find the internet will involve betting on the combination of cards that you have been dealt with.
History of Table Games in the UK
Gambling has been a facet of British society for a very long time. As you would imagine the gambling scene back then was different from it is today. Betting would be limited to what people had. There were no tables with which to use to gamble. Most people would gamble as a result of their interest in the jousting match happening at the time.
As years went by the British people began playing a version of poker with three cards. This game was called Bragg. In the 19th century, casinos began making their way into the United Kingdom which meant the people had more betting options.
You may find that the various table games have a history way before the emergence of casinos in the UK. For example, Blackjack has been traced back to the French game Vingt-et-un. This ancient form of blackjack was played in the 18th century.
There are many other ancient card games all across Europe and Asia. The emergence of casinos ensured the popularity of table games in the UK.
Live Table Games in the UK
If you want to have a genuine table game experience, then a live table game is your best option outside of going to an actual land-based casino. Live casino games allow players to have a more authentic casino experience with the added advantage of being in your own space. Casino sites have done well when it comes to ensuring online players have an experience as close to the brick-and-mortar casino as possible. You will find that the design of these various table games is fashioned similarly to those in land casinos.
However, the significant difference that you will find with online table games is the random number generator that is used to ensure that the games are fun somewhat. You will also find that there is a live dealer with all of these games. You can interact with the dealer as well as your fellow table game players. It is true that you won’t experience every detail of a land-based casino, like the atmosphere. But, it is an alternative that you should consider.
Casino Games Tips and Tricks
The nice aspect of some of these table games is that strategies and skill can go a long way. You don’t have to resign your fate to whether you are lucky or not. Learning how to play will have more importance because you will make informed estimations. Here are a few tips and tricks that you can use to enhance your gameplay.
- Limit your spending – make sure that you know how much you are going to spend before you even log into your preferred casino site. It is imperative for players to practice responsible gambling and that means sticking to the spending limit that you have set.
- Learn the rules – the best casinos on the internet will allow players to test out the games by offering a free version of the game. Once you have read up on all the rules from the guides, we have provided you will have to practice your new knowledge.
- Use safe and secure casinos – this point is crucial. Make sure that your chosen casino is registered with the UK Gambling Commission and it holds a valid license from the organisation. The best way to make sure that a casino is safe is by checking the foot note, and it will have the UKGC logo. If it does not have that logo that means it is not registered with the commission and does not adhere to the strict rules of UK gambling law.
Table Game Glossary
Learning the terminology of table games is part of becoming an aficionado. You are going to encounter professional table game players who know every term used and you need to be able to keep up with them. Here are a few names that you will use in your next table game.
- Stay– you will use this option when you don’t want another card. You can do this when if you are happy with your current hand.
- Hit– when you are playing blackjack, and you wish to have another card, then you can use the term ‘hit.’
- House edge – term refers to the advantage the casino has over players. In our guides, we have given you the house edge percentage of each casino game.
- Bust – in blackjack a bust is when a player requests another card and the value of the card pushes the total over 21. When it is a bust, the player will lose the round and the bet they have placed.
- Croupier– this is another term that is used for the dealer in roulette. As we all know there are no cards used in roulette. That means it needs someone to run the game.
- Face card– this is a term that is used to refer to cards that have faces on them. Such as the King, Queen and the Jack
- Shooter- this is the term that is given to the player who will roll the dice first in craps.