Best Responsible Gambling Guide for UK Players
Responsible gambling is quite essential to us at Choice Casino. We understand that gambling can become very addictive, but practising responsible gambling is critical. This is why we are committed to ensuring that we bring you information that will help you practice responsible gambling. We will also provide you with contact information of organisations that will help you if you have a problem with gambling.
Gambling is fun if it is done responsibly. If you feel that your gambling has gone out of hand, you need to make sure that you get help as soon as possible. Gambling is only fun if it is not destructive to your life and those around you. The power is in our hand to ensure that we don’t get trapped into the abyss that gambling online can become if we are not careful.
People are different, and consequently, they experience gambling differently. Days are not the same, either. It is essential to recognise when your gambling has become problematic.
Top Tips for Responsible Gambling
The UK Gambling Commission has set up regulations for casino operators to ensure that their players are responsible when gambling. Here are a few tips that you can use to become responsible for your gambling.
- You should not forget that the entertainment that you are participating in is paid for. Think of gambling the same way you think of buying a movie ticket or a concert ticket. The experience is exciting if you happen to win something during that experience then great for you.
- You need to set up a limit before you start gambling. Whether you win or lose, you should spend the money that you said you were going to spend before you begin gambling. Another thing that you need to make sure you do is set up a time limit. Time works differently when you are gambling. Make sure that gaming does not consume all your free time, make time for all your other activities.
- You mustn’t chase loses. Gamblers lose all the time. Even the best gamblers in the world lose once in a while. That is where most of the best casino gaming strategies come from. Losing is a part of gambling, so, you need to be comfortable with that and not spend more than what you have budgeted for.
- Don’t rely too much on superstitions. You need to remember that gambling is in part, dependent on luck and chance. So, it does not matter which table you are playing at if you are meant to win then you will lose. This is truer for online gamblers.
- Whatever you do, make sure you don’t fall for the gamblers’ fallacy. If the ball landed on red five times in the previous betting rounds does not mean that the next three times it will land on black. The results of the betting rounds are not dependent on what happened in the previous round. So, it is essential to make sure that you don’t fall for these things.
How to Identify Problem Gambling
Sometimes self-control is not an option for some people, especially when they are in too deep with gambling. If you are worried about the amount of money you are spending on gambling and you think gambling has taken over your life here are a few questions you can use to identify if you have a problem or not.
- Have other people ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lied to conceal the amount of money you have spent gambling or the time you have spent at online gambling sites?
- Do uncomfortable situations make you want to gamble?
- Do you take long periods of gambling alone?
- Do you stay away from essential commitments because you want to gamble?
- Do you use gambling to escape from your life situation?
- Are you reluctant to spend money because you want to save it for gambling?
- Have you lost interest with other things in your life, including your family, because of gambling?
- After you have lost, do you feel like you need to play again to win back what you have lost?
- Do you gamble until your last cent is gone?
How to Get More information on Responsible Gambling
In the UK many organisations can help you gamble responsibly. If you think you have a problem, here are a few organisations that will help you with taking control of your gambling.
GambleWare: This organisation will help you with advice on how to gamble responsibly, and they will also provide you with resources to help you. You can contact this organisation at 0808 8020 133
GameCare: This organisation is a charity that provides support to many people who feel they have been negatively affected by gambling. Check out their website on www.gamcare.org.uk. or by telephone on t0808 8020133
Gamblers Anonymous: This centre provides confidential support to those who are addicted to gambling. If you think you have developed a problem, then you can contact them on 02073 843040 or www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk.