Although blackjack is one of the oldest casino table games around, online blackjack is a slightly different game with many variants available. Online casinos in the UK are always eager to offer novice gamblers bonuses for playing the classic game. Playing online blackjack is an attractive offer for both beginner bettors and veteran gamblers alike. We have researched extensively to bring you all the information you need to play your best online blackjack game.
What You’ll Find on This Page
- Top UK Online Blackjack Casinos
- How to Play Online Blackjack?
- What is the Aim of Online Blackjack?
- Online Blackjack Rules
- Variations of Online Blackjack
- Online Blackjack Strategy
- Also See
- Online Blackjack Betting Systems
Everyone knows that blackjack is a classic game that is played in the UK as well as the rest of the world. However, online blackjack is a different beast with many variants that help you liven up the much-loved table game. If you are a novice player, it can be a quite daunting task finding the right match for you. This guide will help you navigate the different online blackjack games and teach you how to play black online.
Many veteran blackjack players in the UK will tell you that wagering on blackjack is quite easy. It is one of the most uncomplicated games a gambler can play. The main aim of blackjack is closely reaching 21 without going over the 21. You must also not have a higher hand than what the dealer has. If you go over 21, then you bust and lose the game, and the same goes for you.
Online blackjack has basic rules that every player needs to remember. It can be beneficial to know the different scenarios that the online casino will pay out. These are the few rules that you can expect when playing online blackjack in the UK.
Regular wins pay 1:1 – This is when your cards are closer to 21 than the dealer’s cards.
Blackjack Wins pay 3:2 – This will happen when your cards are precisely equal to 21.
16 and Below – The dealer must add (hit) another card on a hand that is on 16 or below the value.
Hit or Stand – The player can choose to add (hit) a card to their hand decide to stop (stand) when they see that their cards are closer to 21.
Split – You can choose to take you the hand of two and turn it into separate hands of two. This will give you another chance to win over the dealer. However, only use this option only if you have two cards of the same value.
Double Down – You can decide that you want to double your mid-hand, the dealer will give you an extra card, but you won’t have a chance to take another card.
Insurance – This rule is one that is very familiar to expert online blackjack players. It is advisable for beginner players to attempt this only when they have mastered the basic rules. Insurance involves a dealer showing and Ace as the card facing up; then the dealer has to invite players to take insurance just in case the card he has facing down is under 10.
Surrendering – In some UK online casinos, you can decide to surrender half of your hand if you don’t like it. However, this option is not always offered in the same way in different casinos.
Soft 17 – This is also one of the more advanced rules that should only be attempted once the basic rules have been mastered. Usually, a soft hand is one that has an ace, which means it has two values: 1 or 11 in addition to the other cards. Some online casinos in the UK will require dealers to hit on a Soft17 while other online casinos will ask the dealer to stand. It’s important to check the rules of each casino before you play.
Taking Even Money – This will happen when you hit a blackjack, and the dealer has an ace. If the dealer also has a blackjack you can then push (tie). If you don’t want to risk it, you can decide to take even money which will get you a 1:1 payout instead of 3:2.
While brick-and-mortar casinos can only offer limited variants of online blackjack casinos, don’t have those limitations. There are a lot of options for online blackjack that you can play in any online casino that you choose. Here is a list of the six most popular online blackjack variants available.
- Online Blackjack Surrender – This version is played in the same way as the classic blackjack, but with this version, the player has the option of surrendering after the dealer has dealt two cards. The benefit of this blackjack is that the player can win back half of the wager.
- Blackjack Switch – With this version of online blackjack, the player can play two hands and after the four initial cards are dealt the player has the option to swap the top card from each of the hands to improve chances of winning. There another bet that can be made on the side called Super Match where a payout can only happen if the first four cards contain a pair, two pairs and three of a kind.
- Live Blackjack – With online casinos, players have the opportunity to experience blackjack as if they were in the room with a live dealer. This form of online blackjack is ideal for people who enjoy social interactions and all the excitement associated with a brick-and-mortar casino.
- Atlantic City Online Blackjack – This form of online blackjack is slightly different from the traditional blackjack that we are used to. Players can split their cards up to three times. The dealer also has an option to stand on the value of 17.
- European Online Blackjack – This variation of online blackjack where players are only allowed to use a deck of two cards, also doubling down has limitations. This can only be done when the player has a hand of 9, 10, 0r 11.
- Online Perfect Blackjack – Players can make a side bet on whether they or the dealer will receive two same cards. If the initial two tickets are a pair in the same suit, then they will be deemed a perfect suit, and the payout can be as huge.
Strategies can help you increase your chances of winning real money in online blackjack. No one can say for sure that there is a strategy that guarantees winning all the time; however, these strategies help with reading the value of cards and your odds. These are a few things that you as a player can do to get one up on the dealer.
Reading Card Values
The majority of cards in online blackjack can be easily explained. The suit and colour don’t have any significance in the game. But new online blackjack players can get confused by a few cards because of the value they represent. Ten points are given to the cards J, Q, and K and the symbols don’t have any significance to the value of the cards.
Aces are different because they can be valued either one or eleven; it indeed depends on which value can benefit you in a given situation. An Initial hand of A5 has an amount of either sixteen or six. If the next card that is drawn is a nine, then the Ace is a one which will make the total fifteen.
The Ace will be considered an eleven when three cards are drawn which will make a hand of nineteen. A hand that starts with an Ace is called a soft.
Hi-Lo Card Counting Strategy
This is a common online blackjack strategy. It works by affixing tags to each of the cards.
There three tags that are available which are +1, 0 and -1. Cards are considered small when they have a low value like 2, 3, 4, 5 and six which will be given a tag of +1 which means that if these cards are taken out of the deck the player has an advantage. The other cards, 7,8, nine will be assigned a tag of 0 because if these cards are removed from the deck, it will not have a huge impact which means that they don’t need to be counted.
Aces and 10s are counted as large cards will get a tag of -1 which means that if the cards are removed from the deck, the dealer will gain the advantage.
As stated, online blackjack is one of the most popular casino games available online. Expert online blackjack players in the UK have developed a few systems that help them increase their chances of winning the online game.
- Martingale – Players can double their bets when they see they are losing. Although this is a risky method, it can get you back on an equal footing with the house.
- D’ Alembert – If players are losing, they can use this method which involves raising their bets by one unit each time they lose, and they would then lower the bets by one unit when they win.
- Fibonacci – This method is similar to the Martingale system. However, this one is a bit safer. If you are familiar with the Fibonacci mathematical sequence, then you will be casual with this method. The system involves placing bets along the Fibonacci sequence and the return to the previous number once you are winning.
- Parlay – This system aims to create winnings which can be liked to pyramids. The player will have to bet the winning and the original bet should it happen that he/she wins. If the player loses, then he/she will have to place the original bet. This form of betting can also be called a positive progressing bet.
- Split System – Bettors can bet 1, 3, 2 and six units successively. The unit bets will only rise if the player wins. The player will remain on one unit if he/she loses.
- Oscar’s Grind – If the player wins the bets can increase by one unit, every time the player wins the bet will be doubled. This system was created for craps; however, it has proven to also work well in online Blackjack.