How to Play Poker: Guide for Beginners
Learn how to play poker with this guide that we have compiled for British players. Once you have read this guide, you will be well on your way to winning a game of poker at your favourite casino site. If you are a beginner at playing poker, fear not, we have all the details to help you get started with the game.
This is an easy how to play poker guide. If you want to know how to play the standard poker game, then, don’t worry, we have all the rules for you. Poker has many elements to it, especially when you are online gambling in the United Kingdom. You need to know the odds of the game, and you also need to make sure that you know when to bluff and when to fold.
If you have found things on the internet, such as confusing terminology, then rest easy because we will simplify the terms for you. If you are interested in learning the game of poker, then you should read further.
Page Links to Online Poker Rules
Recommended Gambling Sites for Poker
Poker has many variants that you can play. But you are not going to be able to understand any of these variants if you don’t have a basic understanding of the standard poker game. The first thing that you need to learn is that poker has no maximum bet. You can choose to bet all your chips in one hand.
- The gamblers who are situated to the left of the dealer will have to place a mandatory bet before any cards are dealt. In the poker world, these bets are known as the small blind and the big blind.
- Players will then be dealt with their ‘hole’ cards, and these cards will stay with them for the entire game.
- The gambler who is ‘seated’ to the left of the big blind will then start the game by either calling, raining or folding. Once this player has done this, the rest of the players will then follow suit.
- After this has happened, the dealer will deal with three community cards that are facing up. These community cards are supposed to contribute to your hand. The game will then begin again.
- The dealer will then deal a fourth card which will then be followed by another round of betting.
- The river is a term used to refer to the last community card that is dealt y the dealer. This is where the players will bet for the last time.
- Once betting has finished, the players will show each other their cards. The gambler who has the best five-card hand will win.
You know that poker has a lot of terms that may be confusing for beginner poker players. We will show you a few terms that you need to learn to be able to play a game of poker properly.
A blind is the first bet that most players will have to place before the cards are dealt with. The blinds will rise during the game and will ensure that everyone is competing for the gains.
- Small blinds – The small blind will be situated to the left of the dealer. The player who is the small blind in the game will bet half the value of the big blind.
- Big Blind – This is the player who is seated to the left of the small blind. The bet that this player places will have to be bigger than what the small blind placed.
- Ante – The ante is an extra bet that is introduced a little later in the game. This bet must be placed by all the players involved to make sure that there is gameplay.
Online Poker Betting Options
Every poker hand has a few betting rounds involved. Each player will have to meet the agreed amount for every round played.
- Check – This means that you don’t want to place a bet. However, you are doing it without folding your hand. This means that you are passing the action to the next gambler. If every player checks during a single round, then that round will be considered complete.
- Fold – This term means that you choose to discard your cards until another round. You shouldn’t fold before it is your turn. It is considered bad manners if you fold when it is not your turn.
- Bet – If a bet has not been placed yet, then you can place the bet yourself. Once you have placed a bet, the other players will then have to follow with their betting options.
- Call – This betting option involves matching the current bet that has been placed by another player.